Wednesday, January 21, 2009

List of recently published books

I decided to take the bull by the horns this year! Instead of being tossed to and fro at the whim of the publisher's....never knowing what book was gonna' be released when and then being totally surprised during a trip to Target (seeing that my one of my very favorite authors' released a book without even telling me!) I took a trip to www.fantasticfiction.com.uk and made the following list:

1. Jeanniene Frost At Grave's End 12/30 Can this person possibly get any better? She started at the top!

2. Kresley Cole Kiss of the Demon King 1/20 Could hardly wait for the next installment of the Immortals After Dark series. I rushed to Borders on 1/19 but they didn't put any out early!!! Since it's now 1/21, I can tell you--without spoiling anything--that it was worth the wait and I'm planning on rereading Kiss... after I reread them all the way through AGAIN. Then MAYBE I'll put this set up for sale. It'll be a special set because I have every single Cole ever written, including the hard-to-find Pleasure books!

3. Christine Higgins 2/1 ooooh nooooo! Can I wait nearly 2 weeks for this book? I'll have to reread her first 3 before then just to tide me over!!!!

4. Lynsay Sands 4/1 boo hoo! This is not going to be another Argineau book. To be fair to Lynsay, she'd explored the nano theory of vampirism as far as she can. How many different ways can you read about 'the change'? But most of them were great. Lynsay is such a hoot that I'm sure whatever she puts out will be well worth the trip to Borders!

5. Kerrilyn Sparks 3/31 Yes...so Kerrilyn was an afterthought. It's so hard when a person has a million favorite authors! But a Sparks book is always a pleasure to read so she did make the list.

Ok...so even armed with this list, I still missed a few. Jayne Ann Krentz snuck Running Hot right by me! It had to be out at least 2 days before I found it! (I picked it up on a Thursday at Sams and as most everyone knows, Sams puts out their books on Tuesdays) Running Hot was the best Arcane novel to date...and I've read them all!
Julie Garwood got by me, too....Fire Ice is another FBI romance. How did I miss this? I love every single book Julie has ever read!!!!! Fire Ice is not as good as Murder List but it's better than some of the FBI romance, which means that it's very, very good! The main protagonist is one of the Murder List's main character's best friends....so it was nice to see some old friends.

I have to admit, I did not put Charlaine Harris on the list but only because she just had a Sookie novel published before I made the list, not because she didn't deserve a place on it.

So...hey...happy reading to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember when we were all hot to read all of Jill Churchill's books? They were so funny!
    A lot of these authors I've never heard of. I do recognize Julie Garwood and Jane Ann Krentz but I haven't read anything of theirs... yet. I have a stack of books, at last 30 that I've bought or borrowed that I haven't read and I keep promising myself that I won't buy any more until I get through them! Then Sue Grafton publishes her next one or Patricia Cornwell does and I'm right there, getting them. I even have several... ok a lot of books that I've started and abandoned because one of these fine ladies has a new book on the shelf. Oh hell, I even have some Oprah book club books from 10 years ago that is still waiting to be read. LOL
    I used to read 2 or 3 books a week! Then I had kids and I was reading Good Night Moom and Dr. Seuss. I was lucky to get through 3 books a year! Then year or so ago, I started really reading again. I think I read 23 books last year! So this year I have a list on my blog of the books I've read so far this year.... I have 4 finished and have just started my 5th one... and January isn't even over yet! Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Joanie, That's wonderful! That you've actually read that many books...with your busy schedule and all. Generally, I have two books going...the one in the bathroom and the one I read in a sitting. I've found that if a book doesn't hold me to the end, it's just not worth my time to read it. But...if I like an author, I will read all of her published stuff...one right after another...until they are finished. Sounds like that's what's happening to you. You like who you like and other authors just don't grab your attention long enough to get through the book. I've never yet been able to get through an Oprah book...unless you count A Million Pieces or whatever the name of that book was that was purported to be non-fiction and turned out to be fiction. Egg on Oprah's face! I have all the Sue Grafton books in the house...A thru T and have had them all many, many times but just can't bring myself to read a single one, yet, I've finished the Charlaine Harris novels (about 20 of them) since From Dead to Worse was released. Anyway...it's late, I have to work tomorrow (boo hoo!) Maybe I'll expand on a couple of the thoughts that your post inspires in the next week or so. Or maybe I'll make a list of the thoughts that this comment provokes...there are so many of them!
    btw, I grin every time I run across a Churchill...there's something about knowing an author, yanno?

    ReplyDelete